Dr. Joel Becker is a Health Service Provider in Psychology, a Clinical Neuropsychologist, Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP), and Certified Disability Analyst who is at the forefront of Behavioral Medicine treatment for stress, anxiety, coping with illness, and cognitive challenges due to neurological or health issues. He is the author of numerous articles and has been quoted in national media; selections can be found on his blog page.
Dr. Becker has lectured and taught a wide range of professionals and individuals on topics of Neurocognitive Health, Behavioral Health, and the promotion of Wellness Programs in work/organizational environments.
Dr. Becker provides professional wellness seminars on Behavioral Health including: positive methods for coping with work stress and balancing life-style, and motivational seminars for successful attainment of work/life goals and cognitive health.
Dr. Becker is a Certified ImPACT Consultant who is the Consulting Clinical Neuropsychologist to the Varsity Sports teams at the Pomfret School in Pomfret Connecticut. He also provides individual case consultations throughout the Tri-State area.
Dr. Becker provides individual case consultations to school based IEP staff and University Special Services professionals.
Dr. Becker is an Adjunct Assistant Professor in Behavioral Sciences at New York Technical Institute, Old Westbury New York.
Postdoctoral Specialization Certificate: Clinical Neuropsychology; Fielding Graduate University. Postdoctoral Supervisor.Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg, Clinical Professor of Neurology at New York University School of Medicine.
Postdoctoral Clinical Supervision at New York State Psychiatric Institute/Columbia Medical Center
Ph.D., Psychology (with Department Distinction), Hofstra University;
M.A., Psychology, Hofstra University
B.A., Psychology, (honor student) University of California, Berkeley
- Listed in the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology: Certified Health Service Provider in Psychology
- Licensed Psychologist: States of New York and Connecticut
- Postdoctoral Specialization Certificate: Clinical Neuropsychology
- Board Certified Disability Analyst
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional
Selected Professional Affiliations
- Member of the American Psychological Association
- Division 38: Health Psychology
- Division 40: Clinical Neuropsychology
- Division 41: American Psychology and Law Society
- Listed in the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- Member of the National Academy of Neuropsychologists
- Certified Fellow, American Board of Disability Analysts